Anthony Melchiorri, the host of Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible, on the Today Show speaks to Al Roker and Natalie Morales on last-minute Labor Day getaways and features La Jolla Cove Suites as one of the best Labor Day deals! Anthony is a proven hotel guru with 20 years in the hospitality business, so If you are looking for that “Last-Minute Labor Day Getaway” a location recommended by Anthony is really one you should consider. We are so grateful to have his support.
Theo and the Zydeco Patrol turned La Jolla Cove into a backwoods, bayou bash with its infectious Cajun crooning at yesterday’s La Jolla Concert By the Sea. The San Diego-based band got the crowd dancing and craving crawfish etouffee, shrimp gumbo, beignets from Café du Monde … but we digress. Our guests enjoyed the foot-stomping concert from the comfort of their private oceanfront balconies. La Jolla Cove Suites gave away another free overnight in a suite! You’ll have another chance to win next week, when you sign up at the park.
La Jolla Cove Suites gave away a free overnight yesterday as The Benny Hollman Band returned to the La Jolla Cove for the La Jolla Concerts By the Sea series. The 15-piece big band is a multiple-year winner of the San Diego Music Awards, and has worked with the Temptations, Tony Bennett, Natalie Cole, Johnny Mathis, Bob Hope, Smokey Robinson, and Steve Allen among others. La Jolla Cove Suites guests had the tough concert options of our rooftop view, their private balconies, or joining the fray just a few steps away. We’ll be giving away more suites, so join in the fun and sign up in the park to be eligible to win.
La Jolla Cove got the Bill Magee Blues yesterday — and couldn’t be happier. The band was featured at the most recent show in the town’s annual series of La Jolla Concerts By the Sea. Bill Magee hails from Mississippi, was raised in New York, played with Jimi Hendrix, and is now based in music-loving San Diego.
Guests at La Jolla Cove Suites enjoyed front row seats to this world-class show. You have a chance to be a La Jolla Cove Suites guest for FREE. We are giving away one free overnight at each of several upcoming summer concerts. Remember to sign up in the park to be eligible to win.
La Jolla fans of the Americana music spectrum got a big dose of their favorite sounds yesterday as the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash played Scripps Park at the La Jolla Concert By the Sea. The San Diego-native band is led by songwriter Mark Stuart, who received express permission from the “Man in Black” for the use of his name.
Does La Jolla even deserve music this good? Yes, we do. And it keeps getting better. La Jolla Cove Suites is giving away one free overnight at each of several upcoming concerts. Be sure to sign up in the park to be eligible to win.
There is no doubt that the top criteria for choosing a hotel are its location, clean rooms, and excellent customer service. Beyond that, one important and often overlooked discriminator, though, is whether or not there are hotel kitties at large. It is widely known that the presence of hotel kitties is a strong indicator of a warm, family-oriented, and pet-friendly hotel.
La Jolla Cove Suites’ hotel kitties, Cornelius and Cleo, are 14 weeks young and thriving. They just went to the vet for their booster vaccines. They are still very playful. One of Cornelius’ favorite games is scaling Assistant General Manager Joanna’s desk via the path he forged, walking across her paperwork, getting put back down on the floor, and repeating ad infinitum. Both cats are growing very quickly, and their personalities are really starting to show. Cornelius is in charge but Cleo holds her own. Please come visit our hotel – and our kitties.
Big Time Operator got La Jolla Cove swinging yesterday at the second in the annual series of La Jolla Concerts By the Sea. The 10-piece big band is a multiple-year winner of San Diego Music Awards in the Best Big Band category, among other accolades. We dug the dancers we saw cutting the rug – er, grass. Our guests enjoyed the best parking spot in the village for heading over to join in the fun. Did we mention we’ll be giving away one free overnight in a suite at several upcoming concerts? Be sure to sign up in the park to be eligible to win.
Rockola did indeed rock La Jolla yesterday at the first summer concert in the annual series of La Jolla Concerts By the Sea. The San Diego-based band covers a wide variety of classic rock hits, and enjoys a sizeable following in the region. Guests of La Jolla Cove Suites had their own box seats in the form of their oceanfront balconies. Or they took in the summer panorama from our rooftop deck. It’s not too late to get your own piece of summer paradise. There are still eight concerts left in the season, and La Jolla Cove Suites will be giving away a free night in a suite at several of them!
Thousands of spectators crowded into Scripps Park at La Jolla Cove to watch yesterday’s 4th of July fireworks show. A local tradition for nearly 25 years, the spectacular display is sponsored by the La Jolla Fireworks Foundation, which is supported by La Jolla Cove Suites among other patrons. La Jolla Cove Suites guests had front row seats to the show from their private oceanfront balconies. We also offered a DJ, dancing, cash bar, and unparalleled views of the show from our oceanfront rooftop, as shown in these photos. We wish to thank all of our guests who chose to celebrate the 4th of July at La Jolla Cove Suites. And we wish a very Happy Birthday to the United States of America!
They say the best things in life are free. Here are 20 summer activities favored by our savvy travelers. Be sure to check for schedule changes, if applicable, before you head out:
- See the La Jolla Fireworks on the 4th of July at La Jolla Cove’s Scripps Park (or avoid the crowds and get the best view of the show from La Jolla Cove Suites’ private rooftop, featuring DJ and cash bar, just $25 for adults and $15 for kids)
- Enjoy La Jolla Cove, San Diego’s best spot for swimming, diving and snorkeling the underwater Marine Sanctuary
- Fly a kite or have a picnic at Scripps Park, immediately in front of the hotel
- Visit the harbor seals at La Jolla’s Children’s Pool and the sea lions along the rocky shore of La Jolla Cove
- Stay and play at La Jolla Cove Suites’ chlorine-free, saltwater pool
- Watch for the seagull eggs hatching soon along the cliffs of La Jolla
- Explore La Jolla’s Tide Pools at Shell Beach
- Visit the Mount Soledad Veterans’ Memorial and its panoramic views
- Hike Torrey Pines State Reserve with its breathtaking coastal views
- Boogey board, build sand castles, or roast s’mores in the fire pits at La Jolla Shores
- Surf or skim board at La Jolla’s Windansea Beach
- View UC San Diego’s Stuart Collection of Outdoor Art
- Play at the La Jolla Recreation Center
- Enjoy live music around the village, art gallery receptions and exhibits, dining specials, shopping deals and even prizes at Haute La Jolla Nights on July 27 and August 17 from 6-9 p.m.
- Listen or dance to La Jolla Concerts by the Sea, held on Sundays at 2-4 p.m. from July through September at Scripps Park, right in front of our hotel
- Take an architectural tour of the SALK Institute
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla on July 18 and August 15 at 5-7 p.m.
- Hunt for the Murals of La Jolla
- Join classes, concerts, movies, book clubs and more the La Jolla Riford Library
- Browse the multitude of La Jolla art galleries in the village